Tuesday 29 March 2016

[bitsremembers] spam mail

 


Friends:   You all probably know but, looking at the seriousness of spam emails in terms of damage to the computer,  I wanted to send this caution note.

Please do not open any email with attachments, sent to the bits group.  Recently I am getting several a day, disguised to entice me to open for personal information update verification, invoice payment, late payments...

As soon as you open the attachment. the computer will freeze and ask you to call a number to pay ransom.   Marking these emails as spam disables receiving all emails from Bitsremebers.

BC:  I suggest that even valid attachments be sent as a PDF not a WORD or excel.

Somebody called me  to refund me for software that I bought.  As expected he directed me to a site to enter my bank information.  I pretended to follow his instructions but then said to him "You are such an honest person and I would like to redirect the payment to your account so please gi e me you bank information for entry".  If you are bored and want to have some fun, try this trick.

Take Care All


Thanks.

Deepak Goel




__._,_.___

Posted by: Deepak Goel <dgoel49@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a new topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment