Thursday 17 December 2015

Re: [bitsremembers] Message from Ram

 

Ram.  I was sleeping at 7AM when you had called

We are all happy that the worst of the floods and associated havoc is behind us

Looking forward to the happy days

Deepak


Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 18, 2015, at 10:15 AM, 'A. Kurien' akurien@yahoo.com [bitsremembers] <bitsremembers@yahoogroups.co.in> wrote:

 

Dear Ramkumar, We are indeed happy to hear that you could manage to get through the worst. Deepak M had told me that he managed to get u on phone.
Take care, ashok



Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android


From:"Ramkumar Rangaswamy ramkumar.rangaswamy@gmail.com [bitsremembers]" <bitsremembers@yahoogroups.co.in>
Date:Fri, 18 Dec, 2015 at 7:21 am
Subject:[bitsremembers] Message from Ram [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from Ramkumar Rangaswamy included below]

The attached photo shows how we narrowly escaped from flood as the Metro rail had constructed a strong wall between the 2 half of 100 ft road under the Metro rail ( New wall done few months back ) . the flood hit the western side of this wall ( just 50 from my flat ) . Otherwise, we would have been submerged, as the real water started swelling around midnight and my presence of mind was to move to first floor flat late evg of the 1 st Dec . we safely moved all empty boxes first to a height of 6 ft and filled it us with all imp documents , certificates including accreditation of the whole family and  registered documents of property etc. This helped us though finally our colony was safe with only 2 ft of water at peak rain and just saved from from entering as I constructed the safe brick wall with just Burla white cement in bathrooms, toilet , and varandah over evg to make sure that no damage to my office office cum flat. No doubt our locker at HDFC had flood water in it and Bank was concerned if we had kept any documents. My answer was that I believe myself than anyone else if it comes to safety. I have 100 year old documents and photos protected for 75 years which my uncle and grandma gave it to me to handle. Every thing is safe. Regards, Ram

__._,_.___

Posted by: Deepak Goel <dgoel49@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a new topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment